Saturday, July 10, 2010

Katie W's post from Nazareth


Hi everybody!

These last few days have been crazy. Everybody' sleep schedules are really screwy so this morning I ended up waking up at 3 am. But I'm so so glad I did. I got to watch the sun rising over the city and it was so beautiful. Everything was a soft pink and the Muslim calls to prayer were happening which made it so peaceful and calming. I made it back to sleep, and then we got up at 7 for breakfast and a day of walking around with our new friend Lara. We went to the Basilica of the Annunciation first and it was so powerful. It was actually built around Mary's house. Inside, there were tons of beautiful stained glass windows that were lit up in the most gorgeous way, and all around the outside of the Basilica there were different images of the Madonna and Child from different countries. The Greek one was beautiful. Well I mean they all were, but the one from Greece was my favorite. We also went through a bazaar and walked around the old city. Now that it's dark, the city is lit up like Christmas- we have an amazing view from up here in the hostel. Okay well the Germany-Uruguay world cup match is starting so we're going to go watch it and have a party.

Bye! Katie

No comments: