Sunday, July 18, 2010

Katie W's post from Galilee

Today has been wonderful. It's Riley's birthday, so at 12:04 about 15 of us woke him up to sing to him. It was so funny. When Steven let us into the room Riley woke up and was like "what are you doing in my room??" which was hilarious cause then we started singing and turned on the lights and he freaked out. But then we all left and let him go back to sleep. He pretended to be angry with me at breakfast cause it was my idea:P. We started at Capernum this morning, which was lovely. There were cats everywhere, really small ones. They were surprisingly friendly. I climbed a tree, which was cool cause I could look down on the whole ancient city, including a beautiful view of the coast. We also went to a great waterfall, it was such a great little hidden wonder. Then we lunched at Cesaera Phillipi. Standing in the Jordan river was such a powerful experience. A couple of the other girls and I were standing in it and it was so peaceful. I splashed my knees with the water, and it felt so calming. They haven't hurt since then. Last we did Emily's baptism, which was amazing. It's so great that she was able to be baptized in the sea of Galilee. After that it turned into a huge swimming party, which was so much fun. Buying a waterproof camera was so smart. I have some awesome shots of the chicken fight. Love from Israel! Katie

No comments: