Monday, July 12, 2010

Finally blogging - by Denaya B.


So sorry my peeps who have been waiting for me to blog. This is naya here and I love it here never want to come home haha im just kidding but I do like it here a lot. it has really been eye opening and a wonderful experience haha im sure you have read others blogs but i will recap my experience:


DAY I LEFT: LONGGGGG flight then finally arrive in Germany and guess what... NO sleep for us because JR wants to walk around germany YAYAY for being SUPER tired, so we walk around and see some really cool things and eat. I ate a delicious german bratwurst and ice cream which was really cheap and delicious as well! then we continue walking and sight seeing and as the day gets longer and I get more tired WE STILL WALK. so I fell asleep at a subway shop and we were only supposed to stop for a few seconds AHA. then we get back to the hotel for free time and i looked at the amazing pool then tired to sleep in a small bed with two other girls...yeahhhh right. so then we leave for the airport... no sleep there or on trip to Tel Aviv

DAY2 We arrived in Tel Aviv at 4am and took 2 hours to go to Nazareth then get there around 730 ish i think.. anyways and then stayed at St. Margaret's Guest House for two days.. it was very pretty and nice we chilled the whole day and then went SHOPPING... we got to sleep that night!!!

DAY3 We met one of our palestinian friend Lara and we walked around Nazareth went to a few places and a bath house where Jesus (may have) bathed!! then went shopping again for some of us. then sleep!

DAY4 We went to church which was nice and met another two palestinian girls named Sina and Sally and then we went to Rosh Haniqra and Acre visited some ruins and caves and a BEAUTIFUL beach! then got to hang out a bit and then more sleep!

DAY 5 TODAY. We took a bus ride to Jerusalem and stopped at Sephorris to look at more ruins . THAT WAS AN ADVENTURE. Nate (one of the guys here) tried to pick a cactus fruit then passed it to Steven and then smart me tryed to open it for them... um BAD idea and lots of sticky burning hands with stickers in then YAY ...NOT! Luckily I didnt have too many and got them out ooook until iI licked one... by the way NEVER lick stickers out of your hand because they definatley get in your tongue :( Bus ride was sleepish and then we got to St. George's College and took a gander through the Old City of Jerusalem, and shopping at Mamila Mall. I got a really cute hello kitty shirt. next was church and reeption and dinner nd meeting now this.

SO... i promise i will blog again and wont take to long to do it.

another couple of things i want to say: I miss everyone at home! and love the friends i have made here i hope that they last forever. i am experiencing time a way from home to help me figure out myself, my faith, and everything in between! These experiences will stay with me forever and although i didnt say many opinions about the things i have seen i do have many and like to refelect on them.

untill next time, NAYA

1 comment:

Brad Matera said...

Yay, Im glad your having fun