Saturday, May 15, 2010

Meet the Pilgrims - Steven B.

My name is Steven, I'm 19 years old, and I attend church at St. James in Kent. I enjoy being outside, whether it's hiking, camping, fishing, or climbing. I've also been interested in history from an early age, and I've read about the holy land and the immense amount of history that is there. but I believe that there is only so much you can learn from a book. if you truly want to understand events, both past and present,then you need to see and experience things from the viewpoint of the the people who actually live through events that most people only read about in a newspaper or history book. I believe this trip will be a great way to connect with my faith and to personally visit places I've always heard about growing up. I'm very exited about this trip and I can't wait to get going!

No comments: