Saturday, May 15, 2010

Meet the Pilgrims - Katie W.

Hi! my name's Katie and I'm 17 years old. I love to dance- I spend upwards of 6 hours a week dancing, and wouldn't have it any other way. I also enjoy playing clarinet-type instruments in my school's band. I've been playing clarinet for 7 years, bass clarinet for 5, and just picked up contra bass clarinet this year. I'm on the Drama Board at my school as a senator, and am the treasurer of the SIFF club (sharing interests forming friendships) which is all about high school students making friends with disabled kids from the Redmond community. It's a very rewarding type of community service. I'm also very involved with my church, which is why I'm so incredibly excited to have this unique opportunity to grow closer to God. I think I'm most looking forward to expeiriencing another culture. Also, meeting new people. That's my favorite thing about any kind of travel- the people you meet on the way to the places.

No comments: