Saturday, May 15, 2010

Meet the Pilgrims - Jasper W.

There are so many labels about that we use to define ourselves. It is labels that cause so many misunderstandings and problems around the world, and while I could say that I am a sophomore at Nathan Hale High School who likes history, politics, art and fantasy, I feel that boxes me into your perception and thoughts about each of those terms. What I’m trying to say is I don’t know who I am and telling you a bunch of facts that relate to me in some way isn’t really going to tell you about me. So I ask that you notice both what I say and how I say it. That you don’t form expectations and that before you label me and put me in some defined category you listen and try to understand me. Which isn’t really fair, because I don’t understand myself some times, but then again neither is life.

This trip represented for me a chance to explore my relationship with God. During the daily rush of life it’s hard to stop and sit down and think about what you believe; I hope that this trip will give me that chance. I also look forward to expanding my world view by experiencing a culture so different from my own.

No comments: