Saturday, May 15, 2010

Meet the Pilgrims - Riley G.

I’m 17 years old, and will turn 18 during our trip. I am graduating from high school this year at Todd Beamer High School in Federal Way and will attend Western Washington University this summer. I am a singer and enjoy performing in choral groups particularly show tunes and Jazz. I am excited to explore both my faith and a different country with non-western traditions. The Middle East is foreign in my knowledge of history so my hope is to understand this concept much more by diving in head first to Israeli culture and politics. While on this trip I am excited to visit all of the different sites in the area and see the western wall. I’m a bit nervous about staying with a family and not knowing the proper customs although in the end I know that will be my favorite part of this trip.

No comments: