Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meet the Pilgrims - Shelby


I'm Shelby, and I go to St. John the Baptist in West Seattle.  I'm going to Israel this summer to learn more about the faith that I have had since I was a child.  I am really looking forward to visiting sites such as Masada, the Dead Sea, the Dome of the Rock, and visiting Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.  During my freshman year, my history teacher was a fanatic about Masada, so I had heard a lot about it and started wanting to see the actual location, and now I have my chance!  I'm so looking forward to this trip.

1 comment:

katzemama said...

It was so great to hear from you today! What a wonderful surprise! Glad to hear that you're having a wonderful time so far, that your hosts are so generous and hospitable, and that you've already celebrated your birthday! Now, even though you'll be leaving Israel on your birthday, you can still say that you at least celebrated your 16th birthday there! We went to Hi Yu's Concert in the Park tonight. Told a lot of people where you were and got a lot of "wow's". You would have enjoyed inner tubing with us this past weekend. Only 5 boys, 4 adults, and Veronica, but everyone still had a good time, except for all the party noise late into the night. Will write more later. We miss you and love you! Mom