Sunday, June 29, 2008

Meet the Pilgrims - Daniel

I am traveling to Israel because not only is it going to be tons of fun, it will also be very interesting, educational, and life changing. We will be exploring the Holy Land, and associating with Palestinian youth. This trip is an International Humanitarian strive for justice and peace between Christians, Palestinians, Jews, ands Arabs. I would be honored to strengthen this relationship by going on this trip. This is a wonderful opportunity for me to learn more about our Savior. Learning more about Jesus is also a great way for me to grow as a Christian.

I am most excited about two things. I think most interesting to me is to see how Western culture and technologies have influenced other parts of the world. The other interest is just seeing the Holy Land and visiting places where the bible stories took place.

3 comments:

Umma said...

Hope you arrived safely & will be able to get some "real" sleep. We all thought of you in church today. Tell Kate congrats. Joel will be having dinner with us the next two Saturdays.

Love,

Umma

DaddyP said...

Dear Daniel, sa'laam/shalom to you. How does it feel to be in the holy land? We are praying very much for you. Stuzzi keeps looking around for her big guy! I hope this message finds you well and adjusting to the new climate and timezone. I certainly do miss you, as we all do. After we got home from the airport we all monitored your progress on our globe and also set your schedule to ours for each day you're gone, meaning basically we're eating breakfast while you're eating dinner, and your breakfast time is our dinner time! Such a marvel is international travel!! I hope everyone is getting along well, and that the host families are good and kind people.... and that you're getting enough sleep. Today we went to church, made hausfreund... and it is very hot. What are you eating and where are you staying? Please send all details when you have the time. All my love to you for happiness, safety, much wonderful learning and experience, and a good adjustment to life in Israel. Say 'hi' to Kate and give her congratulations from us on her news, and 'hi' to Shelby and the rest as well. Love, Daddy

emilia blue said...

Hi Opa! What's up? Is it really hot in Israel? Do you like your host family? I'm tired! We had to do twenty push-ups today, and then we had to go into push-up position, but with our hands clasped and our elbows supporting us. It hurt so bad! I almost beat Gillian, my push-up stance rival, but she beat me by one evil second. My arms, stomach and shoulders are sore! Are you eating a lot of hummus and flatbreads? (I'm currently not very much appreciating how the laptop doesn't cooperate with me. I'm convinced it doesn't like me). Post something about the trip so far please!!! Hope you're having a great time in Israel so far!

~Lisel